Thursday, January 14, 2010

You know the feeling when you want to be alone and surrounded all at once. A paradox that has no resolution. I feel this way about a lot of things. I remember learning about the literary term "paradox" and not thinking it was common, but more and more all I see are paradoxes. I am sitting in Burruss auditorium beginning recruitment surrounded by so many potential new member or PNMs in the Greek world. A girl gets on stage and tells all 500 of us girls--that the sorority we join will effect us forever. I'm sorry, forever. I want to tell this small blonde woman that she doesn't get it. Of course, this is absolutely absurd, who in their right mind would say a sorority has eternal impacts. But, then I remember in this life, it is honestly all about who you know--relationships. So yes, whatever your Greek letters are will probably not be engraved on your gravestone, but it might effect who is standing besides you in those hard times and how you chose to handle those challenging situations. So again, I have thrown myself for a loop.

I live in a constant state of perplexity.

No comments:

Post a Comment