Friday, August 7, 2009

im not who i was

i want to escape to a world that does not exist. i feel out of place in richmond, i don't know what is awaiting me in blacksburg and westcliffe is no longer full of people that i love. i want to translate to the people i love what my summer was like, but i simply can't find the words.

i look at my life and it is so incredibly different than it was in may. i am listening to switchfoot's "twenty-four" song. the lyric goes "life is not what i thought it was twenty-four hours ago". what happens when you have been away for ten weeks. i may have come home to the same house full of all my things, but i feel different.

when jesus takes hold of your life, he doesn't leave you the same. he knows there is simply too many lies and disbeliefs that he must work through to bring you closer to him.

i love this prayer from a friend:
Lord, let your voice and presence reverberate through my innermost being;
Surface my heart and allow my tongue to continually respond to the rhythm of your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment