Sunday, May 10, 2009

mothers day


Dear Mom,

I love you so much, despite my attitude, negative comments and frustration at times. I can complain, be hostile and ungrateful, but I am so thankful for you in my life. We have definitely had our ups and downs in our relationship, but I have always known that you would remain faithful. I am sorry for the times that I have lied to you, disobeyed you, and rejected your presence in my life. I love when you open up to me and share your past with me. Some of my favorite memories are long car rides with you, long walks on the beach or simply a lazy afternoon. You spoil me so much and I am so grateful. I know that you hate to deny me anything and would sacrifice anything for me. I see a true example of a servant in your life. I love that although at times I think that you are too controlling, I have seen that you have given me many opportunities to explore my interests and desires.

I love that you are a godly woman. A woman truly after god's own heart. You support me in any way that allows me to grow closer to god. You have sacrificed your time, money, own desires to help me pursue Christ. I know that I am so blessed to have a mother that is living with the same eternal purpose as me.

Thank you for everything. I hope that one day we can get together without snapping at each other and I can begin to thank you for all that you have done for me.

"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD shall be praised."

No comments:

Post a Comment