Friday, May 22, 2009

expectations

i had a dream last night that i was still in blacksburg and life was like it was two weeks ago. i had all my things in my dorm and my horrible, wooden loft was still intact. i literally woke up and i was confused for a second. why is my bed on the ground? why is my bed even comfortable? why is the sun not blaring in my eyes through the blinds? oh and then i remembered where i was. it really is strange and i have to say that i definitely have had a unique college experience so far. i had to tell two separate people yesterday that "no, i do not get completely wasted every weekend at college". its so funny that i cannot escape the typically college stereotype. my doctor told me i was CHANGING THE WORLD by not drinking...seriously?!? do they expect nothing from us college students, more than to party on the weekend and sleep through our classes?

i look at my life and i think i could be doing so much more. i want to do so much more. i want to love people deeper, serve people in need, and share my immense blessings with others. but, people already think that i am doing enough by simply not drinking? i hope that my impact is more than a simple girl with good morals, i want to actually make a real difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment