Wednesday, April 15, 2009

his mercies are new every morning

yesterday, i was at squires having my quiet time. i have begun to love to have my quiet time outside of my dorm. there is something so refreshing about sitting on a couch in the library or abp and spending some time with jesus. i normally listen to music to drown out the sounds of the world going on around me. my ipod was on shuffle yesterday and "mercies new" came on my nichole nordeman. the lyrics really hit me...

So I would understand if you would make me pay
I would understand lying in the bed I made again

Your mercies are new every morning
So let me wake with the dawn
When the music is through or so it seems to be
Let me sing a new song, old things gone
Every day it's true, You make all your mercies new

It really struck me that, in our human minds we understand the concept of punishment, more than mercy. My small mind cannot even begin to comprehend god's mercies and although i screw up every day, I do not have to live in shame. I can approach god every day because of his mercy. I think that I forget this so often. Think of how much my life could be transformed if I simply dwell on god's mercy every morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment